Total Page Views

StepUp-SpeakOut.Org BlogSpot

Hello and welcome to the StepUp-SpeakOut.Org Blog Spot.

We will be using this blog for fast updates on news and information in the field of Secondary Lymphedema as a result of Breast Cancer.

We will be posting articles and information on new research and treatments, legislative and insurance information, and other pertinent information, and invite your comments.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tips for keeping Cuticles and Fingers Moisturized and Crack-Free

kcshreve shares her cuticle/finger moisturizing suggestions:


I thought there would be others who may want to share their "tricks" as to how to prevent dryness/cracked skin in fingers which are regularly being wrapped.  I have dry skin to begin with, so this has been an increasing problem.  I've had good success this week (finally) by using an emollient lip moisturizer by Alba instead of the lotion I was trying.  Just before wrapping the fingers, I've been putting this on the cuticles. They've been looking better every morning and today, for the first time in forever, I have no hangnails.  Yay!  What else has worked for y'all? (I can say that while I'm still living in TX.)

jinky shares her cuticle/finger moisturizing suggestions:


For me Bag Balm is the only thing that works for me.....put some in thin gloves at night and those oh so sore cracked splits near the nail get fixed up. Also can put it on during the day but the smell isn't good but I don't care as it works. This is what the farmers use on the cows teats. It works........le hugs jinky .....antiseptic to and cost $15 in Canada.
 
Any other helpful suggetions?

No comments: